The Dogue de Bordeaux, also affectionately known as the French Mastiff, is a breed characterized by its muscular build, profound loyalty, and intense dedication to its family. These dogs possess an undeniable charm wrapped in their wrinkly countenance and deep-set eyes. To ensure that the Dogue de Bordeaux matures into a well-rounded adult, understanding the nuances of their training timeline is paramount. This article will explore the prime window for initiating training, potential behavioral issues that can arise from neglecting early education, and the merits of employing online dog training courses tailored for the Dogue de Bordeaux.
Pinpointing the Perfect Start for a Dogue de Bordeaux Puppy
Commence Early: The golden time frame to embark on training your Dogue de Bordeaux puppy lies between 7-9 weeks. Initiating at this tender age is ideal for instilling foundational behaviors, establishing yourself as a benevolent leader, and fostering a bond based on trust and mutual respect.
Prioritize Socialization: The Dogue de Bordeaux, with its guardian lineage, needs early and consistent exposure to diverse environments, people, animals, and stimuli. Early socialization ensures a dog that’s both confident and calm in various settings.
Lay Down the Basics: Given the sheer size the Dogue de Bordeaux will eventually attain, it’s imperative they grasp fundamental commands like ‘sit’, ‘stay’, ‘come’, and ‘heel’ early on. Positive reinforcement during these formative weeks can be incredibly effective.
Navigating Potential Behavioral Roadblocks of a Dogue de Bordeaux Puppy
Skipping or delaying the training of a Dogue de Bordeaux puppy can usher in several behavioral challenges:
1. Overprotectiveness: Without early socialization and exposure, a Dogue de Bordeaux might develop overprotective tendencies, displaying aggression or wariness towards unfamiliar individuals or animals.
2. Destructive Tendencies: A bored or understimulated Dogue de Bordeaux can indulge in undesirable behaviors, such as chewing furniture or digging up gardens.
3. Physical Exuberance: The size and power of an adult Dogue de Bordeaux can be overwhelming, especially if they’ve not been trained to control behaviors like jumping on people or pulling on leashes.
4. Testing Boundaries: Like many large breeds, the Dogue de Bordeaux, if not provided with consistent guidelines, may test boundaries, often displaying stubbornness or selective hearing.
Embracing Online Dog Training for the Dogue de Bordeaux Puppy
With the dawn of the digital era, online dog training resources have emerged, offering unique benefits:
1. Flexibility and Personalized Pacing: Not all Dogue de Bordeaux puppies will learn at the same speed. Online training platforms provide the convenience of pacing lessons according to your puppy’s temperament, energy levels, and adaptability.
2. Comprehensive Resource Trove: With online training courses, owners gain access to an extensive library of methodologies, videos, and expert insights. This treasure trove ensures you’re equipped with a diverse toolkit to train your Dogue de Bordeaux effectively.
The Only 2 Online Puppy Training Courses We Recommend
This comprehensive online puppy training program, designed by experienced trainer Steffi Trott, aims to help dog owners raise a well-behaved, social, and friendly puppy. The course provides lifetime access to over 70 lessons, including videos and an exclusive eBook, with a focus on critical behaviors like biting, potty training, and chewing. Participants can learn at their own pace from home, with the ability to ask unlimited questions to professional trainers. The program promises noticeable improvements in puppy behavior with just 10 minutes of practice per day. It comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee, lifetime personal support, and seven bonus mini-courses covering specific issues like hyperactivity and separation anxiety.
In addition to basic puppy training, this more comprehensive training class tackles any behavior problem you might face with your dog. It’s made in a very easy-to-follow video format.
Training a Dogue de Bordeaux is not just a recommendation—it’s a responsibility. Given their innate guarding instincts and impressive size, early and consistent training is the key to cultivating a Dogue de Bordeaux that’s both a gentle companion and a responsible guardian. While the early stages provide a foundational blueprint, incorporating the modern convenience of online training resources can be a game-changer. With dedication, patience, and the right strategies, your Dogue de Bordeaux will blossom into a well-mannered and loving family member.
The iHeartDogs Ask a Vet tool gives you access to verified veterinarians 24/7. Get professional help for your pup and feed shelter dogs now.
iHeartDogs is reader supported. Our articles contain affiliate links where we are paid a small commission for linking to a product at no additional cost to the reader.