iHeartDogs is reader supported. Some of the links below may be paid affiliate links, where we receive a small commission on a product at no additional cost to you.
Just as human bodies thrive with the proper balance of hormones, the same holds true for our canine companions. Optimal glandular function is essential for dogs to maintain a healthy body, regulate metabolism, and ensure overall well-being. To assist in this crucial bodily function, there are a variety of hormone and glandular supplements available in the market today. These supplements not only support their endocrine health but also contribute to the vitality of their coat, skin, digestion, and more. In this article, we will guide you through some of the best hormone and glandular supplements for dogs and help you make an informed choice for your four-legged friend.
#1 – Dr. Mercola, Bark & Whiskers, Male Glandular Support for Pets, 4 oz, Supports Healthy Hormone and Organ Function, Non-GMO, Soy Free, Gluten Free
The Dr. Mercola Bark & Whiskers Male Glandular Support for Pets is a 4 oz product that offers support for healthy hormone and organ function in pets. It is non-GMO, soy-free, and gluten-free, aligning with Dr. Mercola’s commitment to high-quality products. The formula includes 16 or 17 freeze-dried glandular concentrates from hormone and antibiotic-free cows and pigs raised in Argentina. The product also comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
#2 – Dr. Mercola, Canine Hormone Support, for Dogs, 3.17 oz. (90 g), Helps Support Natural Hormone Balance, Non-GMO, Soy-Free, Gluten Free
Dr. Mercola’s Canine Hormone Support is a product designed to help support natural hormone balance in dogs. Each container contains 3.17 oz. (90 g) and is made with human-grade ingredients such as HMR lignans, melatonin, and DIM. The product is free from GMOs, soy, and gluten, aligning with Dr. Mercola’s commitment to providing high-quality products. Additionally, the product comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, allowing customers to return it if they are unsatisfied.
#3 – iHeartDogs Salmon Oil for Dogs and Cats – Nourishing Skin & Coat Omega 3 Fish Oil for Dogs Supports Allergy & Itch Relief, Heart Health and Joint Health – 32 oz
The iHeartDogs Salmon Oil for Dogs and Cats is a single-ingredient omega fatty acid source that supports a healthy immune system, heart health, joint health, and healthy skin and coat. It provides dynamic health support including relief from allergies and itchy skin, as well as promoting a healthy immune system and aiding in pain and mobility support. The salmon oil is sustainable and fully traceable, made without GMOs, antibiotics, preservatives, or additives, and purchasing the product also provides 12 meals for shelter dogs.
#4 – Zesty Paws Probiotics for Dogs – Digestive Enzymes for Gut Flora, Digestive Health, Diarrhea & Bowel Support – Clinically Studied DE111 – Dog Supplement Soft Chew for Pet Immune System – Chicken
Zesty Paws Probiotics for Dogs is a supplement designed to support digestive health in dogs. It contains a blend of pumpkin, papaya, and probiotics, including the clinically studied DE111, to aid in digestion and promote a healthy immune system. These soft chews are intended to help with occasional gastrointestinal issues such as diarrhea, gas, and bloating, and are suitable for dogs of all sizes.
What Supplements Can Benefit My Dog’s Hormone & Glandular System?
When it comes to your dog’s hormonal and glandular health, several supplements can provide beneficial support.
- Adrenal Support Supplements: These contain various ingredients such as vitamins, minerals, and herbs that can support the proper functioning of adrenal glands, which are responsible for hormone production.
- Thyroid Support Supplements: These are particularly useful for dogs with hypothyroidism, a condition where the thyroid gland doesn’t produce enough thyroid hormones. They typically contain iodine and other supporting nutrients necessary for thyroid hormone production.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids: These are beneficial for reducing inflammation and can support the health of various glands in the body.
- Probiotics: Healthy gut bacteria can influence the production of certain hormones in the body, making probiotics an essential part of maintaining hormonal balance.
- Glandular Supplements: These supplements are derived from specific animal glands and are believed to support the health of corresponding glands in the recipient’s body.
Remember, always consult with your vet before starting your dog on any new supplement to ensure it’s safe and suitable for their specific needs.
Frequently Asked Questions About Dog Supplements for Hormone & Glandular System
- Q: What are hormone and glandular supplements for dogs? A: These supplements are designed to support the health of your dog’s hormonal and glandular systems. They can include adrenal, thyroid, or other glandular support supplements, and often include essential nutrients and herbs that aid in hormone production and regulation.
- Q: Can these supplements cure my dog’s hormonal or glandular disorders? A: No, supplements cannot cure hormonal or glandular disorders. However, they can provide additional support alongside traditional veterinary treatment. Always consult your vet for a proper diagnosis and treatment plan.
- Q: How do I know if my dog needs a hormone or glandular supplement? A: Signs that your dog may benefit from these supplements include unexplained weight changes, changes in appetite, fatigue, or unusual behavior. However, these symptoms can also signal other health issues, so it’s crucial to consult with your vet first.
- Q: Can I give my dog these supplements without consulting a vet? A: While many supplements are safe, it’s best to consult your vet before introducing any new supplement to your dog’s diet. They can provide guidance based on your dog’s specific health needs and ensure it won’t interfere with any ongoing treatments or conditions.
- Q: Are there any side effects to hormone or glandular supplements for dogs? A: Side effects are rare but could include gastrointestinal upset like vomiting or diarrhea. Always monitor your dog after introducing a new supplement and consult your vet if any issues arise.
- Q: How long will it take to see improvements in my dog after starting these supplements? A: It typically takes a few weeks to a few months to see noticeable changes. However, this can vary depending on the specific health condition and the individual dog.
- Q: Can I give my dog hormone or glandular supplements as a preventative measure? A: Generally, these supplements are used to support dogs with existing hormone or glandular issues. If your dog is healthy, focus on a balanced diet and regular exercise. If you have concerns, consult with your vet.
- Q: Are there any specific brands that are recommended for hormone and glandular supplements? A: The best brand can depend on your dog’s specific needs. It’s important to choose a reputable brand known for high-quality, research-backed products. Your vet can recommend suitable brands for your dog.
- Q: What is the best way to administer these supplements to my dog? A: Many supplements come in chewable tablet or liquid form, making them easy to add to your dog’s food. Follow the instructions on the product label or the directions given by your vet.
- Q: Can my dog overdose on these supplements? A: Yes, it’s possible for a dog to ingest too much of a certain supplement, which could lead to health complications. Always adhere to the recommended dosage, and contact your vet immediately if you believe your dog has ingested too much.
Conclusion: Best Hormone & Glandular Supplements for Dogs
Supporting your dog’s hormonal balance and glandular health can significantly contribute to their overall well-being and longevity. While all the hormone and glandular supplements featured in this article offer unique benefits, the best one for your pet will depend on their specific needs, overall health status, and the recommendation of your veterinarian. Remember, supplements should never replace a balanced diet and regular veterinary check-ups but can certainly help fill in the nutritional gaps and support the health of your furry friend. No matter which supplement you choose, the ultimate goal is to provide a happy, healthy life for your beloved pet.