Are you looking for a way to save your dog’s Selegiline prescription? Our Rx Discount Card for Pets can save you up to 80% of your pet’s Selegiline.
What Pharmacies Accept This Selegiline Coupon Card for Pets?
This card is accepted at over 60,000 participating pharmacies in the US, including:
How Much Will My Pet’s Selegiline Cost Using This Coupon?
In order to view a real-time pricing estimate, please use our pricing lookup tool here.
How Do Prescription Discount Cards for Pets Work? How Can It Help Me Save On My Dog’s Selegiline Prescription?
Prescription discount cards for pets work in a similar manner to those for humans. They offer discounted prices for prescription medications, and can be particularly beneficial for pet owners whose pets need long-term medication or have ongoing health conditions. Here’s how they generally work:
- Obtaining the Card: You can often obtain these discount cards online, usually for free or a minimal fee. Usually, you can print out a physical card, receive a card in the mail, or use a digital card from your smartphone.
- Using the Card: When filling your pet’s prescription, present the discount card to the pharmacist. The pharmacist will then calculate the cost of the medication with the discount applied.
- Savings: The amount you save can vary, depending on the specific medication and the agreement the card provider has with the pharmacy. Some medications may have significant discounts, while others may offer more modest savings.
- Participating Pharmacies: These cards often work within a network of pharmacies, so they are only valid at participating locations. Some cards may be accepted at a wide range of pharmacies, while others may be more limited. It’s a good idea to check which pharmacies accept your card.
For your dog’s selegiline prescription, a pet prescription discount card could potentially help you save money, depending on the specifics of the card and whether selegiline is included in the list of discounted medications. Always check with the card provider and the pharmacy to ensure you’re getting the best possible price.
However, the primary concern should be the health of your pet, and decisions about their healthcare should be made in consultation with your vet. They can provide the most accurate and relevant advice based on your pet’s specific health situation.
What Are Some Common Reasons Selegiline is Prescribed for Dogs?
Selegiline, also known under the brand name Anipryl, is a medication that’s frequently prescribed in veterinary medicine. It’s mainly used for two purposes in dogs:
- Canine Cognitive Dysfunction (CCD): This condition is similar to Alzheimer’s disease in humans, affecting older dogs and resulting in symptoms like disorientation, changes in sleep patterns, house soiling, and changes in activity level and interaction. Selegiline helps by increasing the level of certain chemicals in the brain that are necessary for normal function.
- Cushing’s Disease (Pituitary Dependent): Also known as hyperadrenocorticism, Cushing’s disease is a condition where the body produces too much cortisol, leading to symptoms like excessive thirst, urination, and appetite, along with a pot-bellied appearance and thinning hair. Selegiline is used in cases where the disease is caused by a problem in the pituitary gland (as opposed to the adrenal gland).
The use of selegiline should be under the guidance of a veterinarian, as it can have side effects and interactions with other medications. It is also important to monitor the dog’s response to therapy and adjust the treatment plan if necessary.
What Are Some Other Ways I Can Save Money on My Pet’s Selegiline Prescription?
In addition to using a pet prescription discount card, there are other strategies you can use to save money on your pet’s selegiline prescription. Here are a few suggestions:
- Compare Prices: Prices can vary between different pharmacies, so it can be worth checking out a few different places to see where you can get the best deal. This includes both local pharmacies and licensed, reputable online pharmacies. You can often find price comparison tools online to help with this.
- Purchase in Bulk: If your dog will be on selegiline for a long period of time, it may be more cost-effective to purchase a larger quantity at once. However, you should only consider this if your vet has confirmed that your dog will need this medication long-term.
- Talk to Your Veterinarian: Veterinarians understand that cost can be a concern, and they may be able to help by suggesting a different medication, offering samples, or even providing discounts on prescriptions filled in-house.
- Manufacturer Discounts or Rebates: Some drug manufacturers offer discounts, coupons, or rebates on their medications. Check the manufacturer’s website or ask your vet if they’re aware of any programs for selegiline.
- Pet Insurance: If your pet is insured, check the details of your policy. Some pet insurance plans cover prescription medications either fully or partially.
Remember, the most important thing is your pet’s health. Always discuss any changes in medication or treatment with your veterinarian before making a decision. Also, be wary of deals that seem too good to be true, especially from online sources, as they could be scams or involve counterfeit medications.