Are you looking for a way to save your dog’s Pimobendan prescription? Our Rx Discount Card for Pets can save you up to 80% of your pet’s Pimobendan.
What Pharmacies Accept This Pimobendan Coupon Card for Pets?
This card is accepted at over 60,000 participating pharmacies in the US, including:
How Much Will My Pet’s Pimobendan Cost Using This Coupon?
In order to view a real-time pricing estimate, please use our pricing lookup tool here.
How Do Prescription Discount Cards for Pets Work? How Can It Help Me Save On My Dog’s Pimobendan Prescription?
Prescription discount cards for pets work in much the same way as they do for people. They are designed to provide discounts on the retail price of prescription medications. Here’s how they typically work:
- Acquiring the Card: You can obtain a pet prescription discount card from various sources, often free of charge. Many are offered online, and after registering, you will receive a card either through the mail or digitally.
- Find a Participating Pharmacy: These cards are accepted at a wide variety of pharmacies. It’s always best to confirm that your preferred pharmacy accepts the discount card.
- Present the Card: When you go to get your pet’s prescription filled, present the discount card to the pharmacist. The card includes the necessary details (like a group number, BIN, and PCN) that allow the pharmacist to apply the discount.
- Pay the Discounted Price: After the discount is applied, you will pay the lower price out-of-pocket.
These discount cards can significantly reduce the cost of prescription medications, making them especially useful for costly drugs like Pimobendan. Remember, however, that savings can vary depending on the specific card, the medication, and the pharmacy’s pricing.
It’s also important to note that prescription discount cards are not a form of insurance. They are a form of cost-saving measure that can be used in conjunction with, or separate from, insurance.
Remember to discuss any concerns about the cost of your pet’s medication with your vet. They may have additional suggestions or alternatives to help you manage the cost.
What Are Some Common Reasons Pimobendan is Prescribed for Dogs?
Pimobendan is a veterinary drug that’s typically used to manage certain types of heart disease in dogs. Here are the primary reasons it’s prescribed:
- Congestive Heart Failure: Pimobendan is most commonly used in the treatment of congestive heart failure (CHF) resulting from dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM) or degenerative mitral valve disease (MVD) in dogs. These are both serious heart conditions that can lead to heart failure if left untreated.
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy (DCM): DCM is a disease characterized by an enlargement of the heart that results in decreased ability to pump blood effectively. Pimobendan helps to improve the heart’s ability to contract, increasing the quantity of blood it can pump.
- Mitral Valve Disease (MVD): MVD, also known as endocardiosis, is a common heart disease in dogs that affects the mitral valve. Pimobendan is used to improve heart function and relieve symptoms associated with this disease.
- Pre-Heart Failure Cases: Research has indicated that Pimobendan may extend the period of time before the onset of heart failure symptoms in dogs with certain heart conditions. Therefore, it’s sometimes prescribed for dogs with asymptomatic MVD or DCM.
As with all medications, Pimobendan should be used under the direct supervision of a veterinarian and according to their instructions. It’s important to follow the prescribed dosage and schedule to ensure the best outcome for your pet’s health.
What Are Some Other Ways I Can Save Money on My Pet’s Pimobendan Prescription?
If you’re looking for ways to save on your dog’s Pimobendan prescription beyond using a pet prescription discount card, here are some strategies you can consider:
- Generic Alternatives: Ask your vet if a generic alternative to Pimobendan is available. Generic versions of medications often cost significantly less than the brand-name versions.
- Price Comparison: The cost of medications can vary from one pharmacy to another. Consider calling several pharmacies to compare prices, or use an online tool to do the comparison for you.
- Online Pharmacies: Some online pharmacies may offer lower prices than physical pharmacies. Just be sure that the online pharmacy is reputable and accredited.
- Buying in Bulk: If your dog will need Pimobendan for a long period of time, buying the medication in larger quantities can sometimes result in cost savings.
- Manufacturer Discounts or Rebates: Check the manufacturer’s website to see if they offer any discounts, rebates, or patient assistance programs.
- Pet Insurance: If your pet is insured, check to see if your plan covers prescription medications. Some plans include coverage for medications in their benefits.
- Discuss with Your Vet: Your vet is your partner in your pet’s healthcare. If cost is a concern, let them know. They may have additional suggestions or resources to help manage costs.
Always make sure to consult with your vet before making any changes to your pet’s medication regimen to ensure their safety and well-being.