Are you looking for a way to save your dog’s Mesalamine prescription? Our Rx Discount Card for Pets can save you up to 80% of your pet’s Mesalamine.
What Pharmacies Accept This Mesalamine Coupon Card for Pets?
This card is accepted at over 60,000 participating pharmacies in the US, including:
How Much Will My Pet’s Mesalamine Cost Using This Coupon?
In order to view a real-time pricing estimate, please use our pricing lookup tool here.
How Do Prescription Discount Cards for Pets Work? How Can It Help Me Save On My Dog’s Mesalamine Prescription?
Prescription discount cards for pets are designed to help pet owners save money on prescription medications, such as Mesalamine. They function similarly to the discount cards used for human medications.
Here is how these discount cards generally work:
- Acquire a Card: You can usually sign up for these cards online. Some companies offer them for free, while others may require a small fee.
- Find a Participating Pharmacy: Check if your pharmacy accepts the discount card. Most major pharmacies, and some local ones, will accept these cards.
- Present Your Card: When you go to pay for your pet’s medication, present your card to the pharmacist.
- Receive a Discount: The pharmacy will apply a discount to the cost of the medication at the point of sale.
Prescription discount cards can assist in reducing the cost of your dog’s Mesalamine prescription by lowering the retail price of the medication. The savings can be significant, particularly for medications that are expensive or need to be taken over a long period of time. However, discounts can vary based on the specific card, pharmacy, and medication.
Remember that these cards are not a form of insurance, and they can’t be used in conjunction with pet insurance. However, they can be a good option if the prescribed medication isn’t covered by your pet insurance or if you don’t have pet insurance at all.
As always, it’s advisable to check with the card provider and your pharmacy to get a clear understanding of the potential savings for your pet’s specific medication.
What Are Some Common Reasons Mesalamine is Prescribed for Dogs?
Mesalamine is an anti-inflammatory medication used in the treatment of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) in both humans and animals.
In dogs, it’s often prescribed to manage chronic inflammatory conditions of the gastrointestinal tract. Here are some conditions in which Mesalamine might be used:
- Canine Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD): IBD is a group of disorders characterized by chronic inflammation in the gastrointestinal (GI) tract. Dogs with IBD may experience symptoms such as vomiting, diarrhea, weight loss, and decreased appetite.
- Colitis: This condition involves inflammation of the large intestine or colon. It can cause symptoms like frequent, small volume diarrhea, often with mucus or blood.
- Other chronic gastrointestinal issues: In certain cases, Mesalamine might be prescribed to manage other chronic inflammatory gastrointestinal issues, when the inflammation is thought to be caused or exacerbated by an overactive immune response.
Remember, Mesalamine is not typically the first line of treatment for these issues in dogs. It may be considered when dietary changes, prebiotics, probiotics, or other medications are not effectively managing the condition.
The use of Mesalamine in dogs should always be under the guidance of a veterinarian as it can have side effects and it’s not appropriate for all dogs. For instance, it should be used with caution in dogs with kidney disease.
What Are Some Other Ways I Can Save Money on My Pet’s Mesalamine Prescription?
While prescription discount cards can be very beneficial, there are several other ways you can try to reduce the cost of your pet’s Mesalamine prescription:
- Price Comparison: Different pharmacies may charge different prices for the same medication. There are online tools that can help you compare prices at various pharmacies in your area.
- Buy in Bulk: If your pet needs to take Mesalamine for a long period of time, it might be cheaper to buy the medication in larger quantities.
- Generic Medication: If there is a generic version of Mesalamine available, it may be cheaper than the brand-name version. Always consult with your vet before switching to a generic medication, though, as it’s important to ensure it will be as effective for your pet’s condition.
- Online Pharmacies: Some online pharmacies may offer lower prices than traditional brick-and-mortar pharmacies. Just be sure to use a reputable online pharmacy that requires a veterinarian’s prescription.
- Ask Your Vet: If cost is a concern, discuss it with your veterinarian. They may be able to suggest alternative treatments or medications that could be less expensive.
- Manufacturer Coupons or Rebates: Check the manufacturer’s website to see if they offer any discounts or rebates for Mesalamine.
- Veterinary Schools or Clinics: Some veterinary schools or non-profit clinics may offer lower-cost medications.
- Pet Insurance: If your pet requires regular medication for a chronic condition, pet insurance might be worth considering. Some policies cover prescription medications.
Always remember to consult with your vet before making any changes to your pet’s medication regimen. It’s crucial that your pet gets the treatment they need for their condition.